MEISNER & NEW INNOVATIONS IN ACTOR TRAINING:
The classes include exercises and scene work to:
- Develop effortless, spontaneous responsiveness to others
- Discover how to use oneself simply and truthfully, poetically and expansively
- Explore specific actions in the theatrical world of the dramatic imagination
- Create behavioral connectedness in relationships and to life-altering circumstances
This workshop will give a very strong introduction to the Meisner technique as well as develop a number of other
areas of acting training that includes:
– On-camera work;
– Analysis through script work
– Exercises working on drilling ‘actions’;
– Work on developing a deep emotional life for the actor;
– Developing the dramatic imagination.
For us, teaching in London is a thrill. We love the influence and the pulse. The city is steeped in history, and we found it to have a profound effect on the students. Our London program uses traditional Meisner training combined with modern advancements from the conservatory taught alongside international master teachers of movement, voice, and speech.
We look forward to our next London program. We’re currently interviewing prospective participants to ensure the right mix of talent and promise in this very special international training program.
“It was an incredible experience. The teaching was so in-depth and intensive. All the students were so talented and motivated. The setting was remarkable, intimate and enjoyable. Coming from the USA to be part of the summer programme was a special time and something I’ll always cherish.”
— Wolfgang Novogratz from Los Angeles, USA
“It was an extraordinary experience to learn from Kathryn and Rick. I’ve never met an acting tutor or a director with such an exceptional ability to sense people, hear their truest intentions and reveal the actor’s potential.”
— Sophie [recent graduate of RADA – Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts]