The Gately/Poole Acting Studio
For over 30 years, Kathryn Gately and Richard Poole have been successfully training actors at the highest level. All of the actors pictured on our home page are Gately/Poole Alumni. If you want personal time with Master Teachers who have the ability to take you to the next level of your training, you need to look no further than The Gately/Pool Acting Studio. Our Award-winning alumni have won: Tony, Emmy, Golden Globe, SAG/AFTRA, Drama Desk, Outer Critics and Joseph Jefferson awards.
Our program works from the complete canon of the Sanford Meisner Technique combined with modern advancements from The Gately/Poole Acting Studio. We are currently interviewing prospective candidates to ensure the right mix of talent and promise for our programs. For us, teaching is a thrill. We love the creativity and pulse of the intensives!
Start to unlock your talent as an artist; discover how to use yourself simply, truthfully, poetically, and expansively; become more vivid, theatrical, and emotionally free.
- Uncovering Individual Responsiveness
- Development of your Dramatic Imagination
- Pathways to Objectives and Actions
Now you are ready for the challenges of advance improvisation and scene study with heightened conflict:
- Fully Realized Emotional Connectedness
- Continued Development of the Dramatic Imagination
- Advanced Improvisation
- Scene Study with Heightened Conflict
Your journey with The Gately/Poole Acting Studio ends with:
- Advanced Characterization and Scene Study in various Periods and Genres
- Self-Direction through Research, Analysis, Clarity, and Character
- Final preparation as students move from the classroom to the workplace including exposure to Industry Professionals