The Gately/Poole Acting Intensives are the foundation of The Gately/Poole actor training program. These intensives are for actors interested in pursuing a professional career in acting. The student must discover an experiential understanding of the through-line of The Gately/Poole Meisner Technique.
THE ONE YEAR ACTING PROGRAM
New on-line classes are an exciting addition to our core Gately/Poole training program. The classes meet 3 times per week in 8-week segments with both afternoon and evening sessions available. The core Meisner technique is used with innovations that bring it into the 21st century. Training in Film & Television is included, along with Voice/Speech and Physical Technique/Movement Classes.
GOALS OF THE ACTING PROGRAM FOR STAGE, FILM AND TELEVISION
- Provide in-depth training on the fundamentals of the Meisner Technique
- Develop the necessary skills and knowledge to cultivate an actor of authenticity, theatricality, and range in both realistic and period material
- Eliminate the physical and vocal restrictions that reduce an actor’s emotional, expansive, and expressive behavior
- Strengthen the ability to identify, and address his or her individual needs in the classroom and in practice
- Instill and inspire in each actor their own unique, distinctive style as a performing artist